6.05.2011

Ending an Era

Adventuring rule #15:  Celebrate all achievements, even ones you knew would happen. 
     The final 24 hours of my life as a college student included the following:
Some are original, some are tradition. The timing, however, was all new.

Procrastinating, because packing sucks.

Wine. As always.

Watching youtube videos and reading blogs. That's a given.

Crying. I'm told this is a major life transition, but it involves a lot more tissues than I anticipated.


Eating pizza I didn't pay for. Thanks roommate and family. It was delicious.

My first ever LAN party. We played Halo. I actually killed something, I don't know what.

A glass of jack and coke.

A whiskey shot. Not my fault, I promise.

Getting lost in Santa Rosa is traditional at this point.

Catching up with my family at a random hotel. They showed up in turns and I had to explain campus parking to each of them.

Ice cream that didn't have peanut butter in it, an apparent sin against Moose Tracks. 

Hitting on friends like I'm a lesbian. Not true. I'm not a lesbian, I'm friendly. And it's hilarious.

Oversleeping. I hadn't gone to bed before midnight for more than a week.

Reading instead of getting ready. This is what I would prefer to do at all times.

Showing up almost late to my own graduation. A personal tradition. Things clearly don't start until I show up. 

Muttering a stream of peanut gallery comments under my breath during Commencement. This was not optional.

     Then I walked across a lawn filled with thousands of people, heard a favorite professor read my name and shook the university president's hand. That was college.

1 comment: