6.18.2012

In the interim

Adventuring rule #23: Everything is a story. 
     
Several delightful and intriguing adventures have gone on in the time since my last post. Some deserve an entire post. Others can be summed up in a sentence. I'm making an active effort to live in the present, though, so it might not be possible to revisit every single one. What I can do is keep track of my current and ongoing adventures, and keep writing about them. 
     In the time since my last post, I've felt a little lost. I fell out of the habit of tracking my adventures, so there was nothing to go back and reflect on. I'm an introvert. We thrive on reflection and time alone to regroup. I've had plenty of time alone, but not much to look back over. It's time to get back on track with what makes me feel put together and whole. 
     For now, here's the short version and the highlight reel of adventures since last September, in no particular order. Did I forget something, friends? Leave me a note in the comments. 

Also, that top photo is by Lodi News-Sentinel photo Chief Dan Evans. We were on assignment. 



Met my favorite author at a book signing and said vagina. To his face.

Dyed my hair red and kept it in various shades of red since New Year's Day. Much to my mother's dismay.


Stopped biting my nails and found other outlets for my anxiety. Mostly. 

Visited and nearly fell into Grand Canyon.


Began a vlog project with a constantly road tripping best friend.


Adopted two sweet little rats. Yes, literally. 


Finally convinced myself and my heart that Sonoma County is where I belong.




Took an entirely impromptu trip to Seattle, and convinced the boy to come with me. Catastrophes were minor. 





Moved into an apartment and have lived alone for six months. I love it, mostly.

Landed a job as an education reporter, plus three other beats, general assignment and contributed content coordinator. 


Worked at a zoo, met a miniature horse and saw salmon being bred.

Received a nasty message in response to one of my stories in the paper. Also received several thank you cards for work I was paid to do. Win.







Cleaned broken glass out of the WonderTruck after my GPS device was stolen. 





No comments:

Post a Comment